From b2evolution manual
This manual page is outdated. NEW PAGE: New Users in b2evolution v5+.
 Manual Creation of a New User
Here are some simple steps to add a new user to your site:
- In the backoffice under the Users & Groups tab click the link to "Add user".
- Fill out the form for creating a new user. See user permissions and user groups for help with setting "User rights".
- After the new user is created you will need to visit the Blogs tab and click on the blog(s) you wish to give your new user access to.
- For each blog, click on the "User Permissions" tab and change their permission level from "Not Member" to the desired level. (If your user is going to have a new blog you will first need to setup a new blog for them, then complete this step.)
- Not Member - user will not have access to that blog in the backoffice.
- Member - user will be able to post and edit their own writings.
- Editor - user will be able to post and edit their own, and others' writings.
- Custom - not implemented at this time(?)
- In certain circumstances you may also need to set the Group Permissions for your user to have access to a particular blog.