Setup my blog
From b2evolution manual
This manual page is outdated. NEW PAGE: Setup My Blog in b2evolution v5+.
 The Welcome Page
- After your installation is completed you should login with the password that you were given during installation.
- This should automatically take you to the backoffice. You probably want to take a look at what your blog looks like before messing with anything behind the scenes, so in the upper right corner you can hit the link which says "Blogs".
- Now you should be looking at a "Welcome to b2evolution" page (default.php) which contains details about your installation and has links showing some of the aspects of your new weblog. Spend some time here. Snoop around and see some of what can be done with b2evo.
- When you're ready to get your own blog up and running click on the "Go to backoffice!" link at the bottom of the page.
 Quick Backoffice Setup -- the essentials
- The backoffice defaults to the Write tab. This is the place where you will be composing your posts and publishing them. But we have some work to do first.
- Go to the Global Settings and find the "Default blog to display" section. Make sure not to set this to BlogAll. Choosing Blog A is fine. By setting a default blog your site should no longer show the "Welcome Page" by default, which you looked at earlier. For more information on BlogAll, Blog A and B, and what they're for, see the Sample/example blogs section of the wiki.
- Next, click on the Blogs tab (Blog settings) along the top of the screen and choose Blog A from the list (assuming you chose Blog A as your default blog).
- From here you can set the title of your blog, the skin used to display your blog, and many other settings. Notice also that there are subtabs for this section (General, User Permissions, Group Permissions, Advanced). Take a look around and set anything else that stands out to you. You can always come back and change things so feel free to experiment.
- You will probably also want to visit the categories tab where you can add, edit, or delete categories for each blog. In this example, you would want to make sure that the category changes you are making are for Blog A. Each blog on your site must have at least one category.
- You're done! At this point you can "Exit to blogs" (upper right corner) or go back to the Write tab and create a post.
Chances are good that you'll need many trips to the settings pages in order to get your blog exactly the way you want. But hopefully this guide will start your off on the right foot.
 Things to do in the backoffice
 Customizing the toolbars in the write-tab
This refers to b2evolution version 0.9.0
To add your own smilie to your toolbar, first you need to open up plugins/_smilies.conf.php in your favourite editor. Copy one of the existing smilies from the $this->smilies = array( and make sure you paste your code before the closing );. So, your code will end up looking like this.
'texttobereplaced' => 'my_smilie.gif',
Where texttobereplaced is the text that when typed will be replaced by a smilie, and my_smilie.gif is the name of your new smilie. Now all you need to do is upload your my_smilie.gif to img/smilies, and upload your changed _smilies.conf.php To show the smileytoolbar in the backend:
Change the file plugins/toolbars/_smilies.toolbar.php, line 26 (in 0.9.0.11) var $display = true;