From b2evolution manual
This manual page is outdated. NEW PAGE: The Backoffice in b2evolution v5+.
This page should list all the manual pages available on the topic of the Backoffice. If something is missing, please click on the "discussion" tab an leave a note. Thank you!
The backoffice is the administrative control center for your b2evolution installation.
You can access the backoffice after you log in.
The backoffice is split into various tabs along the top of the page. Each tab has a specific set of uses. Almost anytime you want to add, subtract, or change something on your blog you will use the backoffice. Specifically, you use it to create/edit/delete blogs, users, posts, and categories. There are many other important (and not so important) settings you can make in the backoffice, so let's take a quick view.
Here is a brief description of the tabs you'll find in the backoffice (slight variations among b2e versions may exist). Click on the tab link to get more information about a specific tab:
- Write tab: Adding new posts is done here. This is the default backoffice tab.
- Browse/Edit tab: View a list of posts or comments from your blog. From here you can edit or delete posts and comments.
- Categories tab: Create, edit or delete categories for each blog on your site.
- Blogs tab: You can create or delete blogs here. Also, your blog's properties can be edited on this tab. Some user rights are set here as well.
- Stats tab: View stats on visitors, referers, searches, syndication and more for each blog on your site.
- Antispam tab: This is where you can update your antispam blacklist. You should update your list often!
- Templates tab: You can edit the "Custom" skin through this web interface. This is not the recommended method of editing your skin, however.
- Files tab: Only in version 1.6+. This is the built-in file manager for b2evolution.
- Users & Groups tab: Add/delete/edit users and groups here. This determines what access rights your users will have.
- Settings tab: These are global settings which will effect all the blogs on your site.
- Tools tab: Here you'll find some tools for importing posts and comments from other blog engines into b2evolution. Also plugin settings may be found here.